- Ph.D in Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, 2023
- B.E. in Environmental Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2017
- B.A. in Business Administration, Tsinghua University, 2017
- Exchange student in Globalization Program, Venice International University, 2016
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Jul 2023 - Present
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Supervisor: Dr. Joshua Apte
- Doctoral Research Fellow, Aug 2017 - Jun 2023
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington
- Supervisor: Dr. Julian Marshall
- Research Assistant, Jul 2016 - Sep 2016
- Center for Neighborhood Knowledge, University of California, Los Angeles
- Analyzed the relationship between retail development from 1990 and 2010 and tract-level socioeconomic status. The work was involved in the publication South Los Angeles Since the 1960s: Race, Place, and Class.
- Supervisor: Dr. Paul Ong
- Research Assistant, Oct 2015 - Jul 2017
- Center for Earth System Science, Tsinghua University
- Built an hourly-based semi-empirical PM2.5 forecast statistical model based on backward trajectory, background concentration and meteorological data in three megacities in China
- Supervisor: Dr. Yuqi Bai
- Research Assistant, Jun 2015 - Aug 2015
- Policy Research Center for Environment and Economy, Ministry of Environmental Protection, P. R. China
- Assisted to evaluate the implement of Air Pollutant Emission Standards for Flat Glass Industry (GB26453-2011).
- Composed a research report PPP Financing Model in the Field of Environmental Protection in China.
Teaching & mentoring experience
- Trainer for reduced-form air quality modeling, Feb 2023 and Oct 2023
- Taught PAVITRA team members to use InMAP (Intervention Model for Air Pollution). Team members are from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, CSTEP (Center for Study of Science, Technology and Policy), University of Washington, and University of California Berkeley.
- Led a one-week training section in Bengaluru, India and a two-week training section in Mumbai, India.
- Mentor for undergradute research interns, Jun 2021 - Aug 2021
- Kathryn McLaughlin, Darin Avila, Julia Kashimura (Princeton Internships in Civil Service)
- Topic: US InMAP PM2.5 environmental justice modeling project.
- Member of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology, 2023-present
- Member of the American Geophysical Union, 2023-present
- Manuscript Peer Review
- Journal of Transport Geography
- Population and Environment
- Transactions in Urban Data, Science, and Technology
- Public Comment
- Written comment on “Science Advisory Board Project Proposal: SAB Advice on Advancing Environmental Justice Science in Rulemaking”, with Julian Marshall and Joshua Apte. September 2023. Link
- Written comment on “Reconsideration of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter”, on behalf of the North American Chapter of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology. March 2023. Link
- Software & Packages: ArcGIS, QGIS, Pandas, Geopandas, numpy, netCDF4, xarray, NCO
- Tools: Google Cloud Platform, Google Earth Engine, Git, Bash